Divorce and separation can be difficult. We’ve compiled a list of things you might need to consider when splitting from your partner.
- Expect to feel every emotion, and sometimes all of them in one day. Your emotions can vary from day-to-day, minute-to-minute. But rest assured time is a healer and it will get easier.
- You might need to re-join the workforce, or you might be finding life on your own comes with a tight budget. Making these adjustments in your life will only make you stronger and more independent. You might feel uncomfortable at first, but as time goes on you will learn to adjust and budget.
- Your ex-partner’s behaviour is not something you can control. During the divorce, you might find that everything your ex is doing is to make your life more difficult. You might not be able to control their behaviour but you can remain composed and keep your dignity intact.
- Your children might struggle with the separation. Whilst it’s hard for you, imagine how hard it Is for the children. Not only have their parents split, they now need to live between two homes. Both homes might be perfectly lovely, but this does not always ease their unsettled feelings.
- You might lose friends. In some cases, mutual friends choose a side and you might find them distancing themselves. Alternatively, you might find your married friends treat you differently, or you might find as you enter this new phase of your life that you’re looking for something different from your friendships. Try and maintain a solid support base where possible.
Call Collective Family Law Group on the Gold Coast & Brisbane for your FREE initial consultation, and find out where you stand. Collective Family Law Group will handle your matter discreetly, sensitively and with the highest level of legal professionalism and respect you deserve.