Whilst you can go down the route of divorce without a lawyer it can be quite stressful. We’ve compiled five main reasons why you might want to consider using a divorce lawyer.
- Whilst you might start the process quite amicably, it can soon turn sour as emotions run high. A divorce lawyer can act as a mediator for you and your ex-partner. It can be very beneficial to have an unbiased third party to keep you on track.
- You want to move forward with your life, but your divorce is becoming a long draw-out process. By hiring a divorce lawyer, you can be assured that all the relevant paperwork will be correct and there will be no delays due to inadequate information.
- You might have decided how to move forward with your divorce, but the courts have no place for ambiguity, this is where a divorce lawyer will write your wishes in black and white.
- When children are involved, whilst we advise you to try and work out an amicable co-parenting agreement, we also advise you to put your parenting plan in writing so that it is legally binding. What can seem like a friendly agreement can change as yours or your ex-partners circumstances change, it is always better to get everything in writing.
- Having a divorce lawyer taking care of all the finer details can significantly reduce your stress. The saying, ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ is very apt in this scenario. A divorce lawyer will guide you through the process and ensure you don’t miss anything.
Why not call Collective Family Lawyers on the Gold Coast for a FREE initial consultation and see how we can assist you. Collective Family Lawyers will handle your matter discreetly, sensitively and with the highest level of legal professionalism and respect, you deserve.