Gold Coast Free Consultation
4 Questions To Ask During Your Free Legal Consultation
First impressions are important, and your initial meeting with a potential lawyer will often help you gauge whether or not this is the right person to handle your family law matter. However, there’s an unpleasant added pressure when you know you’re paying for the chance to gather information for a first impression, and too many paid consultations add up very quickly. Collective Family Law Group provides free initial consultations so that you can meet us, see how we operate and feel confident moving forward with our family law services without worrying about the bill at the end of the session. We pride ourselves on our dedication to transparency, and we want you to leave our office with options and legal advice on the best course of action. So naturally, we’ll be asking you a lot of questions to get a good idea of your situation so we can give you the most relevant advice. However, there are four questions you should always ask during your Gold Coast free consultation.
What Kind Of Cases Do You Usually Handle?
Ideally, you want to hire a lawyer with plenty of experience handling cases similar to your own, especially if they have a track record of successful results.
- Do you want to hire a specialist? Before your initial consultation, you need to ask yourself whether you’d like to hire a general lawyer or someone who specialises exclusively in family law. The Collective Family Law Group team has extensive experience in all areas of family law, so if you’re after expertise, we’re the right firm for you.
- How much experience do you believe your case needs? If you have a more complex family law matter, you might be looking for a solicitor with substantial experience in that area of the law. On the other hand, if your matter is pretty straightforward, you might be able to save yourself some time and money by choosing a just-admitted, younger lawyer.
- How many cases have they handled that was like yours? Outline the details of your legal matter and ask your solicitor how many similar cases they’ve represented and the outcomes of those cases.
Who Is Your Typical Client?
People don’t often think to ask this question, but it may influence how your solicitor communicates or treats your legal matter.
- Do they see a particular type of person or anyone and everyone? There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. If your solicitor is used to working with people from all walks of life, it shows that they’re very adaptable and effective. On the other hand, if they usually work with a particular demographic of people, you can be confident that you’ll be working with an expert if you fall into that demographic.
- Aside from a law degree, do they have special qualifications that might help in your matter? Sometimes, your case might include circumstances you feel require additional experience or qualifications. For example, at Collective Family Law Group, some of our solicitors have specialised training in managing domestic violence cases, so we can handle the intricate matters of your case with compassion and sensitivity.
- Do their other clients usually have success in mediation or negotiation? If you’re looking to settle your matter outside of the courts, you need to know whether the majority of past clients have had successful mediation. At Collective Family Law Group, we understand litigation is expensive and often unnecessary, so we exhaust every other avenue before taking your matter to court.
How Do You Cost For Services?
Costs are often the thing that most people dread when hiring a solicitor, but getting an understanding of fee structures during your Gold Coast free consultation will relieve you of that anxiety and help you plan. At Collective Family Law Group, we have very flexible fee structures that we’ll tailor to your unique circumstances.
- Deferred fees. Clients in exceptional circumstances may be eligible for deferred payment options. We’ll complete the work either on a fixed fee package or a flexible hourly rate, and we’ll wait until the matter is finalised for payment. Alternatively, we accept instalments over a set period. We organise our deferred fees on a case-by-case basis, so if you’d like to see if you qualify, make sure to ask our family lawyers in a Gold Coast free consultation.
- Fixed fees. We understand that unknown costs can be very stressful, so we’ve created a range of fixed price packages starting from $1,680. These packages allow you to communicate freely with your lawyer without worrying about incurring a massive bill.
- Flexible hourly rates. If you prefer to be billed for the time spent on your matter, we offer competitive hourly rates that allow you to budget better. We have varied charge-out rates for each of our solicitors depending on their experience and expertise, but we’ll advise you on those rates during your Gold Coast free consultation.
If You Need A Family Lawyer, Contact Our Firm On The Gold Coast For A Free Consultation
At Collective Family Law Group, our practice focuses exclusively on family law matters. We’re industry experts in all matters of family law, including but not limited to matters of separation, property settlement, domestic violence, financial agreements, divorce, and child support. We strive to provide quality legal services with a resolution-focused approach to our clients’ needs, and our team offer practical legal advice and solutions in a professional, approachable manner. For your Gold Coast free consultation, contact Collective Family Law Group today.