Do healthy divorces actually exist? Yes, they do and they absolutely can be achieved!
Divorce and separation are hard times, no matter who you are – however, not every divorce needs to be hard and messy, it is 100% possible to have an amicable divorce process!
Listen up as Caralee dives into the seven tips for a healthy divorce:
- Communicate! So many people do not communicate! Listen, take turns and have respect;
- The children always come first. This sounds obvious but when you are hurt and those feelings arise, it can sometimes cloud your judgement. Protect your kids from your temporary feelings;
- Choose an expert lawyer specialising in family law! Go and hire someone who is going to help you be amicable and wants to find the best resolution. If your law firms Gold Coast offers a free initial consultation, meet with your lawyer first! Hear their advice and someone who wants to resolve your matter in a collaborative and healthy manner;
- Don’t get stuck in the blame game! The earlier you accept your responsibility for your part in the process – the better! Resolving your healthy divorce, there is no room for continuously going back to wrong-doings;
- Be willing to cooperate and compromise! When feelings are raw, the last person in the world that you want to cooperate with is your ex-partner! But one of you has to be ready and willing to compromise, trust me it will be the best thing you do in this situation!
- Don’t forget to love and care for yourself! The changes, the grief and the loss that is bought in by separation and divorce can be overwhelming. This is a time in your life that more than ever you need to look after yourself!
- Change your mindset about divorce being a failure. This can be so damaging to you and to your children when it is simply not true! This has just come to an end. If you can change your mindset that divorce is actually a positive time to restart and refresh, you will feel a lot lighter.
If you would like to discuss fee management or discuss in depth your family law matter with any of our expert Gold Coast divorce lawyers, call us on 5574 0971 to arrange a family law consultation free 45-minute initial consultation on Zoom or in one of our offices.
We hope this podcast was helpful to you and remember, you’ve got this!